Thursday, May 20, 2010

Who knew?!

I'm really embarassed to admit this, but there are parts of this store that I didn't know existed.  Did you know there's a patio at Paply's?  Well, I didn't!  An easy mistake, as I seldom navigate to the third level of the store, which is where the door to the patio is located.  And, yes, there are three levels at the store.  To explain...when you come in the FRONT door, not to be confused with the PATIO door, you enter the first level.  That is where the checkout area is, plus lots of glass showcases with all kinds of neat stuff in them.  From the checkout stand, you climb a couple of steps and you are on the SECOND level of the store.  You can take a right turn after the first vendor space on your right, go down a couple of steps and you are on the THIRD level.  You can also NOT take that first right, continue down to the last walkway on your right, go down a couple of steps and you are on the THIRD level.  Once on the third level, take the last possible right turn and you will eventually run into a glass door.  THAT is the door that leads to the patio!  Who knew???  Here's a couple of things I saw on my very first journey to the patio...

That first pic is a wicker patio set.  Sofa, two chairs, coffee table and a sofa table...you can't see the sofa table.  It's behind the sofa.  But you can see a white iron candelabra that is sitting on the sofa table.  Pretty neat.  The second pic is a glass patio table and four chairs.  The tablecloth is 'kicked' up so that people will know that the table has a glass top.  I know this because I overheard Brenda explaining that to a customer.  There are also cushions on the chairs that match the tablecloth.  People, we are styling at Paply's!  :>)

And get a load of this...
It's a porch swing!  And it's hanging really high, right off the rafters.  There's an old tub sitting on the swing and a bunch of flowers.  I doubt any of you human-types could swing on this baby in it's current location.  But I can!  A couple of jumps, a death-defying leap, and it's rock-a-by-Vinnie-time!  Nobody loves a good swing like Vinnie.  :>)

Better scoot.  I've got some swinging to do before Brenda and Mike show up to open Paply's for the day.  Until the next time, it's Vinnie Mouse saying, ""Au revoir!"

2 comments:

  1. the patio is gorgeous, y'all!! i know exactly where you found that killer white wicker set. i was soooo tempted to buy it myself ... even though it was an excellent price, it was still too much for me.

    happy to see it's found a wonderful new home.

    can't wait to visit the shop again soon!

    hugs,
    terry lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no sooner posted the pic of the white wicker set, then it SOLD! I watched a lady loading it into her truck from the patio and wondered if she saw the pic here and raced down to buy it. :>) Terry Lee, I want you to look for me when you are at Paply's again. Tell 'em to find Vinnie for you! :>)

    ReplyDelete